Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Christmas is coming, somthing about a goose!

Christmas is coming, and apparently a goose is getting fat. I don’t know about a goose, but I sure have gained a few pounds. One of the greatest things about the holidays for me is the food. I love turkey, and I’m still trying to figure out why turkey is only served around this time of year. I think turkeys should be served for holidays like Easter, birthdays, Fourth of July, Groundhog Day. You know, all those important holidays. While I think it’s a great idea, I’m still trying to talk my wife into it.

Really, the food is great around the holidays, but there's something about all the food that hits me in the gut. I think about all my food and then I think about those that aren't celebrating holidays with turkey. Or food at all. I'm reminded again that the Lord invites the sheep into the kingdom of God because they (unknowingly) served him by serving the hungry, naked, imprisoned, have nothings.

I mention this because I want to encourage you to think of something this year. There are many around the world that will not celebrate Christmas this year with a turkey or a ham or even a potato. Many will celebrate it hungry and in need. This year lets support those in need. If you would like to give to someone in need, here’s a few ideas of who you can support:

Toys for Tots (at the local mall)

Compassion International (compassion.com/contribution)

Local food pantry/homeless shelter (call your local United Way)

May God remind you this year of the blessings you have!

No comments: